To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to bijan__at_bijan_d o t__law, Attention Bijan Ahmadian.
Only those meeting the minimum requirements and selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls and no temp applications please.
Position: Legal Assistant
Type: Fulltime Permanent Employment
Salary and Benefits
Based on experience
Extended health and dental plan after probationary period
Probationary Period: Three months
Reporting to: Owner/Operator, who is a lawyer and has an MBA in Marketing and HR
Bijan Law Corporation is a modern legal practice based in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our goal is to provide clients with innovative and practical legal solutions for business, real estate, family, immigration, wills, dispute resolution, and more. We advise clients in both English and Farsi. The vast majority of our clients speak Farsi.
Who We Are
We are a young, dynamic and rapidly growing law firm, entering the third growth stage of our business. The opportunities for growth, building loyalty, and crafting a position long-term are endless. Our vibe is generally chill with periodic moments of stress. Every day is filled with both fun and frenzy. Our staff are supportive, experienced, and hard workers. We panic sometime, but we laugh about it later. We go out once in a while and have a big meal and enjoy a few drinks together. We speak English at work. Above all, we value curiosity and learning. So, we perpetually wonder what limits we can push to be the best at what we do. We are essentially disrupters partially in disguise.
Who You Are
You are organized, professional, but are willing to laugh at yourself. You learn from your mistakes and you forgive yourself for making them. You think ahead and bring forward initiatives. You offer help. You don’t say to yourself: “let somebody else do it”, when the dishes are piling up in the kitchen. You are not afraid of thinking outside the box, or even throwing the box out the window. You are coachable and will take no for an answer even if you are passionate about an idea. You communicate calmly and clearly when the pressures of work and personal life are shooting bullets at you. You are perpetually curious about traveling a road less travelled. You are a proficient multitasker. You show up to work.
• Preliminary drafting of correspondence and legal documents
• Managing scheduling including court dates, appointments, and a BF system
• Daily bookkeeping responsibilities
• Create and follow office workflow procedures, including file opening
• Maintain files and records
• Reception duties
• Monitor and procure office supplies
• Support others with logistical matters, and various administrative tasks, including menial tasks in and out of the office
• Fluent in written and oral English
• Post-secondary education or experience in legal field
• Proficient in WORD and EXCEL
• Authorized to work in Canada
Nice to Have But Not Required
• Fluency in another language
• Experience with PCLaw
• Graphic design skills
• Photography skills
• Video shooting and editing skills